We’re hiring in our Sterling office!
Should you join our team?
- If your integrity is unquestioned (we will check your references and our sources)
- If you take responsibility and assume extreme ownership (we NEVER get outworked)
- If you are humble
- If you are intellectually and emotionally smart (we test for problem solving ability and emotional intelligence)
- If you are hungry (we place high value on personal and professional growth)
Then you should definitely apply!
We are grateful to have earned the trust of hundreds of families across Colorado, Nebraska and beyond. We take this honor extremely seriously. We help you plan for your future. We protect families and communities. We grow people and wealth. Our team is excellent. We will challenge you and expect you to challenge us. Our interview process is long and intense but as a consequence we have a superior team. We’d love you to be part of it.
Great people already have good jobs and normally it takes time to vet and recruit them. Also, great people know other great people so this might not be the right time or the right opportunity for you, but its worth the investment in yourself to find out. After meeting our team you or someone great you know will be the perfect fit for our organization.
Does the idea of engaging with clients excite you? Are you passionate about creating an unparalleled client experience while serving as an ambassador for our firm?
In this role, you will address client service needs through various digital platforms, while also engaging with clients in person at our office in Sterling. This is a fast-paced, high-energy, deadline-driven position in an entrepreneurial environment.
This role is a full-time employee position. Preference will be given to qualified candidates in the Sterling, Colorado area; additionally, keep in mind that travel to our Julesburg, CO office is occasionally required for meetings and to help cover for vacations.
Hours are typically 8am to 5pm, Monday-Friday, but are somewhat flexible, as this position is more about accomplishing certain tasks and objectives with a high level of responsiveness than adhering to a set clock in/clock out time. Occasionally, there is a need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends during company offsite meetings or other event which happens a few times a year.
About the Company
A few things to know about our company:
- Our team is a small but power-packed. We currently have three full-time employees and about ten key vendors.
- We specialize in helping grow and protect the wealth of family farms, ranches and the unique professionals serving rural America.
- We often work on complex cases that require intelligent collaboration with other professionals including attorneys and accountants.
- We deliver a high-volume of high quality advice with an increasingly complex client review and planning calendar.
- Almost all of our advice is delivered in person across Colorado and Nebraska.
About the Position
It’s a 40 hour-a-week, full-time position, though we have a few windows each year when extra flexibility is necessary.
Due to the high-growth nature of our business, the duties and responsibilities of this position will likely evolve over time, so we are looking for someone who has the capacity and desire to grow with the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial Planning Support:We offer full service comprehensive financial planning to our clients. In this role you will be collecting and coordinating information.
- Schedule Management:Proactively setting and prioritizing appointments while managing multiple schedules requires highly developed organizational skills.
- IT Support: This is a small but crucial part of the job. Keeping our computer hardware and software systems up and going. Probably takes about an hour per week.
- Paperwork Completion and Workflow Management:Even though we strive to reduce paper as much as possible most applications require extensive paperwork that requires high attention to detail and the ability to complete and manage high amounts of paperwork continuously and on time.
- Customer Service:We spend extensive times serving clients in person, on the phone and via email. Whether this is through personalized outreach for one of our farm families, or in response to a client inquiry, we expect our team to approach these customer service interactions with professionalism. We take ownership of our clients’ issues. We don’t give our clients homework.
- Marketing Support:You will spend up to 10% of your time creating marketing materials and campaigns.
- Project Management: About 20% of your time will be spent on special projects. These require a high level of resourcefulness and problem solving skills.
- Support Affiliated Companies:Including Nelson Financial we own five small local companies. You will be called to provide assistance to them when necessary.
- Self-starter, self-manager.We need someone who takes initiative, anticipates needs, and gets stuff done consistently on time.
- Client focused.We love our clients, and candidates should too. We are looking for someone who understands the value of delivering an unparalleled client experience. Empathy, composure, patience and genuine care for delighting our client will be key in finding the right candidate.
- Grace and poise under pressure.In a high-growth business, things are always changing, and there are times when things get intense. We pride ourselves on being able to function at a high level even when things get busy by working together as a team and communicating effectively. Details matter.
- Technologically proficient.The ability to embrace and learn new technology quickly is essential. Candidates who know their way around Dropbox, Slack, Salesforce, and Windows devices and software will have a head start.
- High follow-through.Our business turns on delivering an excellent experience to our clients in a timely manner, while managing multiple projects and deadlines. We live and die by hitting our deadlines.
- Though we love the flexibility a small business affords, we are committed to a high level of responsiveness inside our team and with our clients and partners.
- Though management is always available to resolve complex or sensitive problems, we want someone comfortable making midlevel decisions and judgment calls.
- Goal-oriented.We’re driven by results. Candidates should be, too.
- Committed to excellence.We want to exceed expectations in everything we do and reflect positively on the firm.
- Positive attitude.Our ideal candidate has a can-do spirit, is fun to be around, and does not complain, make excuses, or gossip.
- Education: Strong commitment to lifetime learning and personal and professional growth
- Professional Experience: 2-5 years strong client support experience preferred
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- High level problem solving skills
- Ability to manage projects and deadlines.
- Pass intensive securities industry background check
To apply, please submit the following via email (Joel@JNelson-Financial.com)
- Cover letter and PDF of your resume
- Personal and professional references
If you are excited about the possibility of working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company, who strives to elevate the standard of client service, then please apply.